Friday, November 30, 2012

Running Motivation

I was lacking some serious motivation to run this morning. It was raining, my apartment was warm and my coffee was brewing.

Luckily, I'm a morning runner. This doesn't help me much in the sleep department, but usually when I wake up at 4am, I'm not conscious enough to consider anything else except what's first on my agenda for the day: running.

The times in my life that I have tried to be an evening run, it has backfired in my face. I then have all day long to talk myself out of my run. There are always a myriad of excuses.

It's too cold.
My left shin hurts.
My right shin hurts.
It's raining.
I'm hungry.
Etc. etc. etc.

I am always so impressed with people who can run in the evenings. They must have found a way, on the days that they lack motivation, to squash these negative thoughts. Impressive!

For now, I will be sticking with morning running before I can talk myself out of anything.

Mornings like today, I really have to force myself to remember whey I love running. I always try to remember my last great run and how awesome I felt during and after. That is usually enough to get me out the door, but sometimes I have to find inspiration elsewhere. Below are some of my favorite running quotes. Hope they give you some inspiration for the weekend!












No comments:

Post a Comment