Friday, November 16, 2012

Run Love and a New Crossfit WOD

I swear I am still flying high from my Tiger Mountain run on Wednesday! It's amazing what a good run will do for you.

When people who don't know me well hear how much I run, they are always baffled and inevitably ask me why.

I think they always assume there is some ulterior motive. I want to burn calories. I'm really competitive. I need the challenge.

I run for one reason: I LOVE it. Most people don't believe me when I say that. However, no matter how bad some of my runs are, the times when I am able to lose myself when I'm out on the trails or the road makes it all worthwhile. There is really no greater feeling for me!

Runnin' happy!
Sure, sometimes I am proud of my bad-a** status among my non-running friends. I'm proud of what I have trained my body to do, and do well! But, ultimately, I just love to run. Fast, slow, with friends, with music, alone. Any way you slice it, I love it.

Aaaaannndd I'm done ranting! For now =)

I had a great CrossFit workout the other day. It was right up my alley. We had several options for our workout. It started with either running or rowing.

And I'm sure you can guess which one I chose! I feel like we don't run anymore at Crossfit now that the weather has changed and it's either freezing outside (not really freezing, but Seattle-ites can be wimps in that regard) or raining. That means we're usually rowing.

I don't like you very much, machines of death. 
My most favorite thing in the world. #sarcasm

Anyways, it felt good to be back doing our regular 400 meter run. I was happy to stretch my legs and really let it fly!

From there, I did 21 dumbbell clean and jerks followed by 84 jump ropes. I am getting so much better at jumping rope. I used to be so awkward. Now I just need to really buckle down and start working on double unders, where you pass the rope under you twice for one jump. Haaaaard. Although I feel like everyone else at my gym can do them, so I need to get with the program!

So we did that whole thing 4 times through. And I loved it.


I'm excited to run a fun Thanksgiving run this Sunday with friends! We are planning to wear costumes of some sort. It's going to be hilarious! The plan is to head out to Tiger Mountain again afterwards to get in some more miles. Hope you have some sweaty adventures planned for this weekend. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment