Monday, December 24, 2012

T'was the Weekend Before Christmas

Happy Christmas Eve! Later today I'm heading over to my parents' house for the holiday and I couldn't be more excited for an excuse to chill out a little for a few days.

Before I left, however, I wanted to post some of what I was up to this past weekend!

Friday I headed up to Cougar Mountain for a trail run.


It had been raining off and on all morning, but my favorite running buddies and I headed out and up anyways. It ended up being a nice day for running! A little chilly (I was in 3 layers!), but I like running in cold weather, so it was fine by me!

My faves.
While we were running, it even started snowing! It was so peaceful and we all fell silent just to enjoy hearing the sound of the snow on the leaves and trees. It was also surprisingly green for mid December!

Greenery love!
We were all feeling a little beat up, so we only did an hour and forty five minutes before calling it a day. I just adored being out there. Not only is it nice to be with my friends, but trail running is so much more calming than road running for me. I feel like there is no expectation of time so I can just run how I want to run!

We had a short but sweet Crossfit workout on Friday night. None of us noticed at first, but it was an "end of the world" workout.


Can you spot it? 12.21.2012

I tore through this and the toughest part for me were the box jumps. There weren't any boxes left at the correct height, so I had to use an extra tall one and my coach held my hand so I could get up there. Haha! I'm such a wuss. But at least I did it!


I also got all my gifts wrapped. There aren't very many since I'm just having Christmas with my parents, but I'm glad to have some under my tree at last! My apartment complex is great and has an entire room leading up to Christmas full of wrapping supplies. Otherwise, you better believe I would've just wrapped them when I got to my parent's house!


I've been getting lots of Christmas cards in the mail, all of which are on my fridge, but I just had to share my favorite one! These are my nieces and nephew-pup. Aren't they the cutest? My half-brother is also an amazing photographer, and the picture is just perfect. It makes me smile every time I see that toothy grin from Kylie!


Saturday evening after work I made it down to the gym in my apartment complex for some tabatas!!!
I ended up doing the following. 8 rounds of each exercise, 20 seconds work followed by 10 seconds of rest.

V-ups
One arm row (4 rounds each arm)
Split lunges
Skater lunges

I was feeling a happy burn by the end! Sunday morning, my hips were definitely letting me know they had been worked!


I also found not one, but TWO shake weights! The "gym" at my complex doesn't have much and I'm always requesting more equipment, so it makes me laugh that we have TWO shake weights. Seriously?!?!

Merry Christmas to all! I hope everyone has a fabulous holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment