Thursday, December 20, 2012

Random Musings

Whew what a Wednesday!

First off, I woke up and it was snowing outside! Of course, I got excited and immediately put on running clothes. I headed downstairs to find that it only took 5 minutes for the snow to turn to rain. 

Le sigh. Ohhhh Seattle!

It's been pretty cold here, though. I have no idea why, but all of a sudden I am rocking the down vests. I am such an 80 year old. 

Selfies at work. Totally normal.
I returned to ballet class at Pacific Northwest Ballet yesterday as well. I'd had a stressful morning and was hoping to get some solitude and escape from the turning wheels of anxiety. It didn't help as much today, but I  am grateful for any day I get to dance.


My class ended up in the biggest studio and it was so much fun to do the grande allegro (big jumps) across the floor. There were lots of students and company members in class who were preparing for the final week of Nutcracker performances. 


I'm so sad I didn't get the chance to see the Nutcracker this year, but at least the accompanist yesterday played lots of music from Tchaikovsky's score. I was reminiscing about previous Nutcracker shows I have been in. Is it wrong that I'm sort of glad I don't have to go through that madness anymore?

I made it to Crossfit yesterday as well. We had two "workouts", or two separate AMRAPs (As Many Rounds As Possible).


For both AMRAPs you are working with a partner and you alternate until the time is up. If you want to do this workout on your own, just rest 30 seconds between rounds. 

The first AMRAP was 3 hanging power cleans and 6 burpees. Usually I like power cleans, along with most barbell complex's. Today, however, I realized that whenever I try to go heavy, as you should if you're only doing 3 cleans, I get scared and fall apart. I'm such a little wuss! Granted, I'm not very strong (yet), so I can't lift much, but I think I may be selling myself short because I am just scared! I'm mostly afraid of hurting myself, which is something I need to get over because no matter what lift I'm doing, I have been taught well by my coaches how to bail out if I have to.

Source
The second AMRAP was 5 pull ups followed by 10 box jumps. Same thing, alternating with partner. And, guess what?! I got through another entire workout doing pull ups with out a band! 

I think my partner and I got in 5 or 6 rounds, so that's 25-30 pull ups, all unassisted! And I remember just months ago, I was excited about getting just 1 pull up! Progress. I've gots it!

No comments:

Post a Comment