Friday, December 7, 2012

In a Funk

Admittedly, I have been in a bit of a funk this week. Since my first 50k is happening a week from tomorrow, I'm a little worried!

Last week I missed my long run. This past Wednesday I was hoping to get in a final 20 miles. That did not happen. I just didn't want to run.

Shocker, I know.

I'm hoping this is not burn out, but just a few weeks of waning motivation. Only time will tell, but I have 2 50k's to run before I take a break, so I will have to dig deep and make things happen!

Seattle has been rainy and cold this week. Perhaps that's why I have been somewhat less than gung-ho about running? Leaves are still falling from the trees, and I'm still enjoying the colors of fall, if only for a little while longer.


I've only been to my CrossFit box a few times this week. Last night's workout was one I really enjoyed. It was short and all about speed.


After I killed this WOD, I had to go teach class for an hour. Holy quads. If you want to smoke your quads, do 100 squats as fast as possible. My legs were literally on fire the whole time. I definitely didn't do most of my own class. I just shouted lots of words of encouragement. 

Today, our box is doing "The Twelve Days of Christmas", which is going to be an hour long sweat-fest. Although I'm looking forward to it, I'm going to try not to burn myself out completely! 

I feel like every sport has a "Twelve Days of Christmas" workout. I remember in high school, when I swam on a club team, we did a ladder workout with the same title that would take us about 3 hours. Each day of Christmas was a different set and we had to repeat each set as you went up in days. Ouch. I used to dread that workout every year!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment