Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday Tempo That Wasn't

Tuesday! That means it's my day off! Woo! After working 6 days in a row, I know I need it!

Last night, we had a fun CrossFit workout. "Helen"! Many of the benchmark workouts are named after girls. The CrossFit founder said this is because he thought that anything that left you on your back, staring up at the ceiling wondering what happened to you deserved a woman's name. That explanation always makes me laugh!


We did 3 rounds for time. If you did it "prescribed" you could get a t-shirt. I did the kb swings at the prescribed weight for women, which was 16kg, but used an orange band for the pullups (progress!). I finished around 9:30, second in my class! I was pretty much spent after that. I won't tell you the ridiculously early hour I crawled my tired body into bed!

This morning I woke up for a 7 mile tempo run. That certainly didn't happen! By mile 3, I just decided it was one of those days where just getting in the miles was going to be an accomplishment. I finished the 7 miles, but just barely!

By the end of the run, all I could think of was the flat blueberries I had waiting for in my fridge from the farmer's market. I am very lucky to be so close to the Ballard Farmer's Market, that happens every Sunday. I ran over there after work Sunday and made a beeline for the blueberries.

"We're blueberries and we're delicious!"
It's a bit of a cloudy, overcast morning around Seattle, but after our "heat wave" last week, I'll take it! Nonetheless, no matter the weather, I always appreciate the beauty of Seattle! And running along the beach every morning doesn't hurt, either!



I wore my new shoes again, the ones that gave me such awful neuroma pain this weekend, and my foot felt fine! Thank goodness! I was a bit worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment