Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Back to The Trails

Hope you had a great weekend! As it is now Tuesday, I'm sure everyone is already looking forward to NEXT weekend!

I worked on Saturday, so my weekend was on Sunday. I spent the morning leisurely eating breakfast and drinking coffee with the pup. Sometimes I forget how nice it is to just take the morning to decompress.

I'd decided that I should probably get some longer runs in before the marathon. Haha, duh! I remember before my last marathon that running trails really helped. Since the Crossfit coach that I usually shadow on Sundays was out of town, I headed down to Lake Youngs in Renton to tackle the 10-mile loop.


The Lake Youngs Trail isn't my favorite, but it's hard to get lost on and there are lots of hills. You are basically running along a fence for 10 miles.

I won't say it was my best run. I needed a bathroom by the end reeeaaaalllyyy badly! But I definitely felt I could have done a lot more after my hour and a half on the trail. And I wasn't too tired at the end of the day, either!


It was definitely a fall morning. Lots of crunchy leaves and fog. I LOVE fall running! Best season in my opinion!

Other than that, Milo and I had several good walks over the weekend.


He found a few friends at the park, both puppy labradoodles, so he was pooped by the end of the weekend. And a pooped Milo means a cuddly Milo. I may or may not have let him on the couch to cuddle. Ooops!

Yesterday was a busy day at work, and once I got done all I wanted to do was curl up at home! I did for about an hour before taking Milo out, and running to Crossfit to shadow one of my coaches.

On the agenda at Crossfit? Deadlifts and L-sits!

It was fun correcting the deadlifts. It's amazing and, quite frankly, fun to be able to see how many variations people's bodies can come up with for one movement. It definitely puts a lot of pressure on the Crossfit coach to catch incorrect form so people don't injury themselves. We had a big class last night, so I'm glad I was there to help.

After lifting, the last 10 minutes of class was an AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) of the following:
3 thrusters
6 burpees
9 kettlebell swings

I think it's a general consensus that most everyone hates thrusters and burpees, so this was not a favorite workout. Sure was fun to watch people suffer through and push themselves though!

No comments:

Post a Comment