Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Adventures in Group Fitness, Monday Edition

I had a somewhat interesting morning yesterday! Our morning step aerobics teacher needed a sub instructor at the last minute for his class and guess who stepped up to the plate?!

THIS GIRL!

I am "THIS" girl. Obviously!
Since I am still not comfortable with aerobics enough to teach an entire hour long class, I decided to go with more of a conditioning class. I had all of  five minutes to get my *hit together and teach, so I basically wrote down a bunch of exercises that were in my head and had the class tackle them as several different circuits.

Although I wasn't the usual teacher, and didn't do the standard aerobics, I got great feedback! I ended the class with the following Super Sweaty AMRAP (as many rounds as possible).


Feel free to try it out, too! Let me know how it goes if you do!

The rest of the day was not quite as eventful. I got in a slow 4 miles before work. And I got in a good Crossfit workout in the evening.

It's been really cold in Seattle the past few days and it's totally frustrating me when I go to CrossFit. Our "box" is literally a warehouse.

Which means there is no heat.

Which means I barely work up a sweat.

Sad panda! I love sweating and it makes me feel like I'm not working hard when I still have 2 layers on at the end of a workout!

I managed to do waaaay too many lunges and squats when I was teaching yesterday morning, so of course, our Crossfit WOD had a crap ton of lunges. Go figure!

We did 2 rounds of the following:
Walking lunges across the gym
15 wall ball
15 pullups
Walking lunges across the gym
Farmer's walk
15 push ups
15 v ups
Farmer's walk

Not too bad! I blew through that in about 10 minutes.

I can't tell you how excited I am for a day off tomorrow! You can guess how I'll be spending it!

Source
I'm finally going to head over to Bar Method and take a class. Since my gym really wants me to teach a class like this, I need to get my rear in gear and start taking classes. I'm probably going to have to trade out some CrossFit workouts to fit it in, but I'm determined to teach a bar class like this. It's so similar to dance and I think with my background, I'll be really good at it!

After Bar class, I'm heading out to Lake Youngs for a trail run! Excited for a fun day off! I hope everyone is having a great start to their week!

No comments:

Post a Comment