Thursday, September 6, 2012

Go Go Wednesday

What a crazy Wednesday! It started with a 4:15am wake-up call. I remember when I used to think 5am was early! Oh how times have changed. I headed out for the first part of my run and got in just about 3 miles before I headed in to work. I kept the first mile nice and slow, then was able to pick it up for miles 2 and 3, coming in at 7:52 and then 7:14 (!).

I was at the gym to open for about an hour before I could get back out and finish my run. Once back out on the roads, I couldn't get my pace back. For some reason my stride felt really short and I couldn't get my legs to pick it up! Oh well, two miles later I was back at my apartment for a total of 5 miles. I quickly showered, breakfast-ed and rushed back to work.

After work I got to spend an hour with our most popular aerobics instructor, Jose. Although I am already teaching basic classes, the classes with choreography such as aerobics and total body conditioning require a bit more training. I am very lucky to have lots of supportive instructors around me who are ready to lead me through the process.

Our group fitness room!
Jose and I worked through my warm up that I had already choreographed for about an hour. Basically I need to work on counting out loud, cueing and being big and loud! Teaching feels sort of like dancing did. You almost have to create a persona for yourself while you teach that is big over the top. I find myself doing the same thing to a lesser degree when I train clients, but it was very evident today while I was training with Jose.

Even though I'd pretty much already done two workouts, I just HAD to go to CrossFit. As usual, I was so glad I went.


After our warm up, we found a workable weight for deadlifts. I ended up with 55 lbs, which I was pretty happy with until I heard that we were doing 12 at a time during the workout. I thought about going down a bit in weight, but decided to suck it up and go slower if I had to!

Our WOD was four rounds of a 400 meter run followed by 12 deadlifts and 21 box jumps. At first I didn't think the workout was going to be too bad, but once I got back from my first 400 meter run and started doing those heavy deadlifts, I pretty much wanted to die! And I loved it. What a weirdo! I finished my four rounds and immediately pooped out on the floor for two minutes. That's when you know its a good workout!

After a morning run, being on my feet for 6 hours at work, doing aerobics for an hour and then a Crossfit workout, I was pretty much spent by the time I finally got home.

Thankfully earlier in the day I had made pretty much my favorite sauce ever. This stuff is so good, I just had to share! I could literally eat it with a spoon. I usually make a big double batch of this dressing and then use it for several meals. I like to mix raw vegetables, cooked vegetables, chicken, pretty much anything into this! Last night it was chicken, broccoli, tomatoes and brussel sprouts with Tahini Lemon Dressing over massaged kale. So good! My muscles thanked me after!


Tahini Lemon Dressing
From Oh She Glows

1/4 cup Tahini
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast or a bit more, to taste
2-4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
1 tsp kosher salt + freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
3 tbsp water, or as needed

In a food processor or blender, add all ingredients and process until smooth. Makes just under 1 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment