Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Arm Burner

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

I did some working, per usual. On Saturday, I got to train a really awesome client. She is 60+ years old, but such a bada**! She does back squats, kettlebell swings, etc. You name it and she can probably do it! On top of getting to show her things like kettlebell snatches and thrusters, her enthusiasm for fitness was what got me most excited! She emphasized before we started that she wanted me to be hard on her and really challenge her. Sometimes people will say that, but not really mean it. She actually meant it and it was a pleasure to train someone who loves fitness!

That took care of my personal training high for the week, that's for sure!

I got in some running this weekend, as if there was any doubt. I was hoping to get in a long run, but it didn't really happen. Oh well!


It's been very sunny here, but very cold as well! It's actually my favorite kind of weather. I love crisp, clean days.

Saturday after work, I decided to give myself a little arm workout inspired by GPP Fitness.


And my arms are still sore today! I hardly ever do specialized muscle groups like this. Crossfit has got me doing mostly compound movements that work a variety of muscles. I think my soreness is a sign that I need to incorporate more specificity, too. Although I'm not too worried about it, we'll see if I actually start mixing it up.

Here's to a good Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment