Thursday, November 7, 2013

Exhausting Myself


This is exactly how I feel most days. I feel like exercise, particularly running, is the part of the day when I can be myself the most. I feel free from judgement and expectations. And I'm free to think. 

I taught two classes on Tuesday. I used the same workout for both. After teaching the first class early in the day and then working a shift at the gym, I didn't really feel like coming back at night. I was already starting to get sore from the class earlier and I didn't want to leave the comfort of home. By the time I got to class, however, I was totally ready! I had a record number of people who showed up and I loved every second. Even though I was beyond completely exhausted at the end of the class, I was in such a great mood.

I have come to LOVE teaching. I get such a great high from it. Sometimes it's the last thing I feel like doing because it takes so much energy, but once I'm done, I feel on top of the world!

Below is a version of the workout I gave my classes. After talking to someone about Body Pump classes, I was inspired to work on some tempo with my classes. We typically do things at a high intensity, and I wanted them to feel the difference between the all out and the slow burn feeling. We ended up doing a third round as well where we did a fast concentric movement and slow eccentric movement. It was tough to cue the class for the last round! So next time I do tempo work I will probably keep it easier with slow and vast variations.


Two days later I am still sore from this guy. Of course, I did it twice during the day and used the heaviest weights in the classroom (12 lbs). Let me know if you try it!

If you're in the Seattle area, you must know it's going to be a rainy, windy day. I'm hoping to brave it for an 8 miler this afternoon, but I may opt for an indoor workout and save the miles for tomorrow. Who's running in this weather that I can get some motivation from????

No comments:

Post a Comment