Saturday, January 4, 2014

Early Saturday Leg Session

Happy Saturday!

Things have been pretty mellow this week. I've been struggling SO hard to keep up the running. It just isn't fun right now, which is so weird for me. Maybe I'm just super burnt out and need a break? Or maybe it's the weather? In either case, I've been getting to work early to get a short cardio workout in so that I just get it over with for the day.

Things have been really busy at work the past few days, which is expected at a gym. By the end of my shift I am SO done with talking to people. This has been my theme when people come to compain:


Yesterday, I did manage to get out for a short (maybe 3 or 4 miles) run with a friend, which was nice. Hard to get out the door, but once I did I was glad! It started sprinkling on us which wasn't fun, but there WAS a beautiful rainbow that popped up. I really wish I'd had my camera with me!

This morning I woke up early again (although not as early as during the week! Yes!) and came in to lift. I'm trying to lift heavy at least a few times a month and usually it's squats. After warming up I did the following back squats:

10 @45 lbs
10 @65 lbs
10 @85 lbs
8 @105 lbs
6 @125 lbs
3 @145 lbs

Far cry from my heavy squatting days last year, but this feels comfortable for now!


The rest of my workout was filled with lunges, ring rows and handstand wall walks. I finished up with some core work of roll outs and hollow rocks.

I've been thinking lately about how I'm having a hard time finding my fitness nitch at the moment. And I think I miss working on skills. I miss dance and working on specific things like pirouettes, kicks, and I miss gymnastics and having to train skills. So I'm thinking I may be headed down that road for a bit. We will see, more on this later.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment