Friday, December 6, 2013

Marathon Aftermath

As expected, after the marathon my body was a little tight. I actually wasn't as sore as I thought I would be though! My calves were the only thing super sore on me, and other than that my feet were just a little tender.

I took Monday off completely and only walked Milo. I think the bottoms of my feet were slightly bruised because they were really the only thing that hurt.

I never get tired of that cute little face! 
Tuesday I knew was going to be tough because I had to teach my own classes. I knew my body still wasn't roaring to go, so I thought up a workout that I wouldn't have to demonstrate much of. I had everyone do stations. There were 10 stations, and I had everyone work at each station for 3 sets of 40 seconds work, 20 seconds rest.


So I did parts of that workout twice on Tuesday. As you can tell, there was hardly any leg work. Sneaky! The classes were great and worked up a nice sweat while I yelled and dinked around with some of the arm exercises. Haha!

Yesterday I randomly went swimming! I trained a client this week who mentioned lap swimming and I decided swimming was a great activity for me this week.


My relationships with the swimming pool is lengthy. I grew up as a competitive swimmer, and jumped into a cold pool twice a day for too many years. I ended up hating the sport when I quit so I tend to still feel a love/hate relationship with swimming. I also taught swim lessons when I lived in New York and can't even begin to explain how difficult it was throwing kids around in a freezing cold pool for 4 hours a day. Needless to say, it's pretty tough to get me into a cap and goggles again. I can't deny it's great cross-training though!


I ended up doing the following workout:


The pool was actually nice, and was a full 25 yards. I was in for about 45 minutes before I just wanted to shoot myself in the foot out of boredom. So, I got out and spent about 5 minutes in the hot tub before showering.

I will not be swimming again anytime soon, but it was nice to cut through the water again. A very familiar feeling for me.

As everyone is saying: it is FREEZING here in Seattle. Actually, compared to New York, this is nothing. And I'm still planning to run today in shorts. =)


I hope to get Milo and myself over to Discovery Park for a slow, easy 5 miler this afternoon. Hope you are staying warm this weekend! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment